Work Independently, Not Alone.
That is our slogan at the West Virginia State University Economic Development Center (EDC). We are the region’s premiere co-working space for the creative economy and home to a variety of small business owners, creative professionals, freelancers, non-profit and community development organizations. We’ve created a state-of-the-art facility jam packed with resources and perks to help grow your business or idea! Choose from a selection of super affordable membership plans that meet your individual working style and needs. Here is what we have to offer in a nutshell.
- Office Space. Whether you are looking for a private, long-term office or you work from home and need a change of scenery for the day, the EDC has you covered. We offer private, fully furnished office spaces, a flexible shared office and free public workstations with Wi-Fi, phone, coffee and other business-related services. Membership plans allow our coworkers extended after-hours access to our facility and production spaces.
- Meeting Space. Need to accommodate larger groups for trainings, presentations, board meetings or even catered social events? The EDC features three flexible meeting spaces with projectors, mobile monitors, wireless Internet, whiteboards, conference phones and more. We can even livestream your event!
- Multimedia Production Facilities. Lights, camera, action! Create your own digital content such as commercials, voiceovers, product shoots, music and graphics in our fully equipped capture studio, voice studio and editing suite.
- Networking Opportunities. Work within a community of like-minded individuals, spark new collaborations and meet potential clients on a daily basis. Here at the EDC, we’ve created the perfect communal setting for building relationships and extending your business network.
- Programs and Services. Need help with your business plan, marketing or logo design? We offer a myriad of business development services with help from coworkers, mentors, community and state organizations and WVSU professors. Plus, our Creators Program delivers free community workshops, panels and talks focused on key skills and knowledge essential to “creating” for mass media and art. Topics include digital photography, 3D animation, independent publishing, Adobe Creative Cloud programs, music for media and much more.
To find out more about the EDC and how you can become a member, contact us at 304 720-1401 or via email at email@example.com. Stop in for a tour anytime M-F 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are located at 1506 Kanawha Blvd. West in Charleston. Find us on the web at www.wvsuedc.org and like us on Facebook.